Oral contraceptives which is also called birth control pills and the name itself suggests that is used to prevent the pregnancy. It is the one of method of controlling the birth of the child. The oral contraceptives are the combination of the female sex hormones and that are estrogen and progestin (a synthetic form of progesterone). The combination of two hormones control birth by inhibiting the release of the luteinizing hormone(LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) from the pituitary gland in the brain which are the important for the development of the egg.
Mirena is female hormone which contain the levonorgestrel plastic device that is to be placed in the uterus to prevent the pregnancy by controlling the movement of the hormone. It prevent the pregnancy for up to 5 years. After the span of 5 year it should be changed if it is desired so. It is the prescribed medicine which is to be used only after prescribed by doctor or other heath care professional.
Precautions need to be taken before using the Mirena IUD
1) This medicine cannot be used by the women who have the abnormal vaginal bleeding or having liver problem
2) It should not to be used by the women who are suffer of breast cancer or have symptom of it.
3) Women who is having more than one sex partners should not use this oral contraceptives.
4) This device is not for Women’s who are suffering from cervical cancer or cervical infection or having the sexual diseases.
5) This device is not be used by women having low immune system.
6) It is not use if the lady has pelvic inflammatory disease from a long time.
Intrauterine device should not be used with the the Hepatic enzyme-inducing drugs, Barbiturates, Carbamazepine,Phenytoin, Rifampin to avoid Mirena Drug interactions.
As it is prescribed medicine so it should be used just according to the directions of the doctor and should properly read and understood the same before making this device in use. The intrauterine system is to be inserted in the uterus for up to 5 years under aseptic conditions by heath care professional with procedure. With this one tablet (Plan B) P.O within 72 hours after unprotected intercourse, with second tabled taken 12 hours after tablet.